Last updated: August 1st, 2022
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
2. General Terms
- Cedijob, Inc. may be referred to as "Cedijob," “we,” “our,” or “us.”
- We call a user of the Cedijob Platform “User,” “Users,” “you,” “your,” or “Client” and “Pro,” as appropriate.
- The community platform that we offer at our website (www.cedijob.com) is referred to as the “Site(s).”
- The mobile applications (whether on iOS or Android) are referred to as the “Apps.”
- Cedijob’s Sites, Apps and related services, information and communications are collectively referred to as the “Cedijob Platform.”
3. Information Collection
Information you provide to Cedijob
Cedijob collects certain personally identifiable information about you, including information that can identify, relate to, describe, be associated with you, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information that Cedijob collects include but are not limited to:
Contact Information: This may include your first and last name, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
Billing Data: including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
Identity Information: If you are a Pro, we may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth and address, national identification number if applicable, together with the result of basic criminal record checks as provided by you, or by our Third-Party Agents (as defined below), as applicable and to the extent permitted by law in your jurisdiction, as well as such information as may be needed to validate your identity.
Financial Information: To help Pros set up a payment account and help Clients make payments to Pros and pay fees to Cedijob, we may collect financial information, including credit card number, bank routing numbers, tax information, taxpayer identification number, and other payment information, as applicable. We use Financial Information in order to operate the Cedijob Platform and to ensure that Pros are paid by Clients. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our platform and services and to fulfil our contracts with Users. To keep your financial data secure, we have contracted with a third party to maintain and process your payment information.
Promotional Information: Certain offerings of the Cedijob Platform, such as newsletters, surveys, contests, and the like are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do consent to take advantage of Cedijob Platform offerings, we will use your data to (as applicable) send you newsletters and other communications that are tailored based on information we have about you, or to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar offering in connection with our legitimate interest in promoting our business and the Cedijob Platform. To opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, please see Section 7, Your Rights and Choices.
Employment Information: We collect employment and education history, transcripts, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
Content Information: You also may choose to send Cedijob Personal Information in an email or chat message containing inquiries about the Cedijob Platform and we use this Information in order to help us respond to your inquiry. We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other Users through the Cedijob Platform (such as through our chat functionality).
We require that you furnish certain information when you register an account with us in order to provide services through the Cedijob Platform. For example, if you are a Client, we collect your first and last name, email address, and your zip or postal code in order to create and administer your Cedijob account. We also collect additional information in order to facilitate your booking request, such as information about the task you are seeking, the time, date and location of the task, and Billing Data. If you are a Pro, we collect your first and last name, email address, mobile phone number and zip or postal code in order to create and administer your Cedijob account and facilitate communications between you and your Clients through the Cedijob Platform. We also collect information about your tasks, rates, and skills, as well as Identity Information and Financial Information.
Third Party Information: Cedijob may work with Third-Party Agents to perform identity checks and criminal background checks on Pros, if applicable and permitted by local law, in order to advance our legitimate interests in ensuring the safety of our Users and maintaining the integrity of the Cedijob Platform.
4. Information Cedijob Collects Automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you use the Cedijob Platform. The categories of information we automatically collect and have collected, including in the last 12 months, are as follows:
Service Use Data: including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, portions of the Cedijob Platform that you view and interact with, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
Device Data: including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating system, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id. When you visit and interact with the Cedijob Platform, Cedijob may collect certain information automatically through cookies or other technologies, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type(s) of internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the Cedijob Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the geographic regions from which Users navigate the Cedijob Platform, and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Use of any IP-masking technologies or similar technologies (like the TOR network) may render portions of the Cedijob Platform unavailable and are forbidden on the Cedijob Platform.
Location Data: including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level), and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data). When you visit the Cedijob Platform via a native mobile application, we use, with your consent when required under applicable law, GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a relevant location map. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users.
5. Cedijob's Use of Information
- To operate and make available the Cedijob Platform. We use your data to connect you with other Users to enable the posting of, selection for, completion of, and payment for Tasks, in order to fulfil our contracts with Users;
- For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Clients and Pros can meet and conduct business, and in order to comply with our legal obligations;
- To conduct identification and criminal background checks, if applicable and to the extent permitted by local law, on Users, in order to advance our legitimate interests as well as for the substantial public interest of ensuring the safety of our Users both online and offline, preventing or detecting unlawful acts, protecting the public against dishonesty, and maintaining the integrity of the Cedijob Platform given that Pros often interact directly with Clients and may enter their homes;
- To analyse Cedijob Platform usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Cedijob Platform to grow our business;
- To contact you and deliver (via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of the Cedijob Platform, with your consent when required under applicable law, as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with our Users, and in promoting our business;
- To provide you with customer support in order to fulfil our contracts with Users;
- For internal market research for our legitimate interest in improving the Cedijob Platform to grow our business;
- For troubleshooting problems for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Users can meet;
- To assist Users in the resolution of complaints and disputes between them, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good relations among Users;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and our legitimate interests in ensuring our Agreement is complied with;
- As otherwise set forth in the Agreement.
Analytics and Market Analysis: Cedijob may analyse information (“Market Analysis”) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, and promoting and growing the Cedijob Platform.
Cedijob uses information to offer services to Users who express an interest in these services, through a poll for example, or to Users who can be presumed to have an interest based on results from our Market Analysis. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Cell Phone Numbers: Cedijob may use your cell phone number to call or send recurring text messages to you, using an autodialer or pre-recorded voice, in order to provide you notifications about Tasks, for marketing purposes (with your consent where required by law), and to administer the Cedijob Platform. If you would like more information about our policy, or how to opt out, please review the “Your Rights and Choices” section below or Section 9 of our Terms of Service. You may be liable for standard SMS and per-minute charges by your mobile carrier. Cedijob may also message you via push notifications (with your consent when required under applicable law), which you can opt-out of on your mobile device. Data rates may apply.
Call recordings: Calls to or from Cedijob or its Third-Party Agents may be monitored and recorded for the purposes of quality control and training. Such calls may contain Personal Information.
6. Information Sharing
Third Party Agents: We share information, including Identity Information, with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. We contractually prohibit our Third-Party Agents from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purposes other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
To operate the Cedijob Platform, including processing your transactions, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives, vendors and service providers (“Third Party Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
- Email origination;
- Identity checks and criminal background checks (currently carried out by our provider Sterling in the U.S. and Canada), to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- Fraud prevention and detection. Our fraud detection providers also use information relating to you and your use of and activity on the Cedijob Platform to provide fraud detection services to their other clients;
- Receipt, invoice, or support services;
- Customer relationship management services;
- Data analytics;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Website hosting;
- Communications services;
- Technical support;
- Financial transaction fulfilment and related chargeback and collection services; and
- To otherwise help us provide the Cedijob Platform.
Promotions: When you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners’ list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials. We may occasionally contact you, if you want us to, with information about special events, activities, promotions, contects, submission opportunities, and programs. You always have the ability, in your Account, to ask Cedijob not to contact you with this type of information. Please see Section 7, Your Rights and Choices, for more information.
Matched Ads: We use Matched Ads by sharing personal information with another party or incorporating a pixel from another party into our own Sites, and the other party matching common factors between our data and their data or other datasets for advertising purposes. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Sites and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
Other Users: Cedijob facilitates contact between Clients and Pros and reserves the right to share one User’s contact information (e.g., name, phone number, email, or postal address) with other Users, or with the recipient User’s legal or other authorized representative, in order to: (1) facilitate or communicate the resolution of an investigation or dispute related to or arising from an interaction between two or more Users of the Cedijob Platform; or (2) facilitate the performance of a Task. This exchange of information is essential to the operation of the Cedijob Platform.
Legal Obligations: Cedijob and our Third Party Agents may disclose your Personal Information or User Generated Content to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities or authorised third parties, if and to the extent required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with Cedijob’s legal or regulatory obligations; (ii) respond to a court order, warrant or subpoena; (iii) respond to a valid legal request relating to an investigation into alleged criminal or illegal activity; or (iv) respond to or address any other activity that may expose us to legal or regulatory liability.
In jurisdictions where Cedijob is, according to applicable law, required to collect or remit information about Users’ permits, licences, tax, or social security registrations, Cedijob and our Third Party Agents may disclose information, including but not limited to, User contact details, identification information, transaction dates and amounts, license and permit status, and tax identification number(s) to applicable governmental authorities.
Cedijob reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of the Cedijob Platform in the absence of a court order, warrant, or subpoena, to the extent permitted by applicable law, if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interfering with the rights of Users, the general public, or Cedijob or its partners, parents or affiliates.
It is our policy to provide notice to Users before producing their information in response to law enforcement requests unless (i) we are prohibited or otherwise constrained by law or court order from doing so, (ii) we have reason to believe the User’s account has been compromised such that the notice would go to the wrong person, or notice would otherwise be counterproductive or would create a risk to safety, or (iii) it is an emergency request and prior notice would be impractical (in which case we may provide notice after the fact).
Merger or Acquisition: Cedijob reserves the right to share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
Public Areas: Your profile on the Cedijob Platform consists of information about you and your business, and may include information such as photographs, your years in business, skills and expertise, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information, and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your User Profile may be visible to all Users and the general public. If you choose to post a Task via the Cedijob Platform, the contents of such listing will be viewable to Pros you select on the Cedijob Platform.
7. Your Rights and Choices
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us, including promotional communications related to the Cedijob Platform, and request the removal of your Personal Information from our databases, or deactivate your account, by logging on to the Site or App and clicking on the “Account” tab, or by contacting us.
Account Settings. During registration you choose whether to receive marketing correspondence from Cedijob. This information remains on your Profile where you can, at any point, easily edit it. After logging on, click on the “Account” tab, then select “Notifications” to make your preferred selections.
Push Notifications. You have the option to receive updates and relevant offers via push notifications in your app. These notifications can be configured in the settings of your mobile device at any time.
Corrections to Profile. You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your Cedijob Profile at any time by logging in and clicking on the “Account” tab. There, you can view, update, and correct your Account information.
So that we may protect the integrity of the Cedijob Platform, there are certain pieces of information, such as your age, that you cannot alter yourself. For example, since children under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence are not allowed to register as Users, we need to take reasonable measures to preserve the accuracy of our Users' ages. You may contact us at email@example.com if there is a need to make a correction to such data. Please see Section 11, Children’s Privacy, for more details.
Promotional Communications: You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Cedijob via the Account tab in your Profile. In addition, you can opt out of email marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any message. You can opt out of promotional communications from Cedijob sent via text message at any time by following the instructions provided in those messages to text the word "STOP". Please note that your opt-out is limited to the phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, Cedijob will continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, Tasks, transactions, servicing, or Cedijob’s ongoing business relationship with you. If you receive unsolicited promotional communications from a Cedijob domain, please let us know here.
8. Cedijob's Information Retention Policy
We retain personal data for as long as you are a User in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for such longer period as may be in our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations (see Exhibit A for exemplar document retention periods). We may also retain data from which you cannot directly be identified, for example where stored against a randomly-generated identifier so we know the data relates to a single User, but we cannot tell who that User is. We use this kind of data for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services, and we take appropriate measures to ensure you cannot be re-identified from this data.
9. Cedijob’s Security of Collected Information
Your Cedijob account is password-protected so that only you and authorized Cedijob staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your Cedijob account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
10. Notification of Changes
11. Children’s Privacy
- This service is intended for a general audience, and is not directed at children under 16 years of age. In certain jurisdictions, this minimum age may be higher.
- We do not knowingly gather personal information in a manner not permitted by the defined laws of a region. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, please let us know by contacting us here. We will remove the data.
- We do not knowingly collect or “sell” the Personal Information of minors under 18 years old.
12. Contacting Us
Cedijob's staff will respond to all mail or email from Users with questions about privacy, including the types of Personal Information stored on the Cedijob databases, and requests to know, delete or rectify such Personal Information.
13. Jurisdiction-specific Provisions
Transfer Of Data: We and our affiliates and Third-Party Agents primarily store data about you, including Personal Information, on servers located and operated within the United States. Whenever your personal data is transferred outside of the ranges, we undertake to ensure an adequate level of protection is afforded to it, either by us, our affiliates, and/or Third-Party Agents, in accordance with applicable Ghana data protection law.
Your Rights: You have the following rights under certain circumstances:
- A right of access: you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you are processed or not and, if processed, to obtain access to such data and a copy thereof;
- A right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- A right to erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you. However, this is not an absolute right and Cedijob may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such data;
- A right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Cedijob, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from Cedijob. This right only applies when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of Cedijob. Cedijob may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. When your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of such data. You can change your marketing preferences at any time as described in Section 7, Your Rights and Choices.
- A right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: if your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority.