Last updated: August 1st, 2022
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us using the information provided in the "Contact Us" section below.
2. General Terms
- Cedijob, Inc. may be referred to as "Cedijob," "we," "our," or "us."
- A user of the Cedijob Platform is referred to as a "User," "Users," "you," "your," "Client," or "Pro," depending on the context.
- The community platform provided on our website (www.cedijob.com) is referred to as the "Site(s)."
- The mobile applications available on iOS or Android devices are referred to as the "Apps."
- The collective term "Cedijob Platform" encompasses Cedijob's Sites, Apps, related services, information, and communications.
3. Information Collection
Information Provided by You
Cedijob collects various personally identifiable information from you, referred to as "Personal Information," which includes information that can identify, relate to, describe, be associated with, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. Examples of Personal Information collected by Cedijob include, but are not limited to:
Contact Information: This may include your first and last name, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
Billing Data: This includes your payment instrument details, such as credit or debit card number, expiration date, and security code, as necessary to process your payments.
Identity Information: If you are a Pro, we may collect Personal Information such as your date of birth, address, national identification number (if applicable), and basic criminal record check results, provided by you or our Third-Party Agents (as defined below) as permitted by law in your jurisdiction, to validate your identity.
Financial Information: To facilitate payment transactions between Pros and Clients and to ensure proper operation of the Cedijob Platform, we may collect financial information, including credit card numbers, bank routing numbers, tax information, taxpayer identification numbers, and other relevant payment details. We process Financial Information for the legitimate interests of providing our platform and services and fulfilling our contracts with Users. To maintain the security of your financial data, we engage a third party to handle its storage and processing.
Promotional Information: Certain optional offerings on the Cedijob Platform, such as newsletters, surveys, contests, and similar activities, may require your data. If you choose to participate in these offerings, we may use your data to send you tailored newsletters and communications based on the information we have about you. This is done to promote our business and the Cedijob Platform. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by following the instructions in Section 7, Your Rights and Choices.
Employment Information: We collect employment and education history, transcripts, writing samples, and references as necessary to evaluate job applications for open positions.
Content Information: If you send us Personal Information via email or chat inquiries related to the Cedijob Platform, we will use it to respond to your inquiry. Additionally, any content exchanged between Users through the Cedijob Platform, such as messages through our chat functionality, is collected by us.
When registering an account on Cedijob, you are required to provide certain information to access our services. For Clients, this includes first and last name, email address, and postal code to create and manage your Cedijob account. Additional information related to booking requests, such as task details, date, time, and location, as well as Billing Data, may be collected. For Pros, we collect first and last names, email addresses, mobile phone numbers, and postal codes to create and manage Cedijob accounts and facilitate communication between Pros and Clients. We also collect information about tasks, rates, skills, as well as Identity Information and Financial Information.
Third-Party Information: In order to enhance User safety and maintain the integrity of the Cedijob Platform, Cedijob may collaborate with Third-Party Agents to perform identity checks and criminal background checks on Pros, where applicable and permitted by local law.
4. Automatic Information Collection by Cedijob
Cedijob automatically collects certain information when you use the Cedijob Platform. The categories of information we collect automatically, including data from the past 12 months, are as follows:
Service Use Data: This includes information about the features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, sections of the Cedijob Platform you interact with, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
Device Data: This includes information about the type of device or browser you use, your device's operating system, your internet service provider, your device's regional and language settings, and device identifiers like IP address and Ad ID. When you interact with the Cedijob Platform, we may collect this information automatically through technologies like cookies. The collected Device Information includes the type of computer or mobile device, unique device ID of your mobile device, IP address, operating system, and type(s) of internet browser(s) you use. We may use Device Information to monitor geographic regions from which Users access the Cedijob Platform, as well as for security and fraud prevention purposes. Usage of IP-masking or similar technologies (e.g., TOR network) is not permitted on the Cedijob Platform and may result in restricted access to certain parts of it.
Location Data: This includes imprecise location data derived from IP addresses or data indicating city or postal code level. With your consent, we may collect precise location data (e.g., latitude/longitude) when you use the Cedijob Platform via a native mobile application. This information helps determine your current city for relevant location-based services. Your current location obtained in this manner is not shared with other Users.
5. Use of Information by Cedijob
- To operate and provide access to the Cedijob Platform, including connecting Users, facilitating task postings, selection, completion, and payment processes, to fulfill our contracts with Users.
- For billing and fraud prevention purposes, ensuring a safe and secure environment for Clients and Pros to conduct business, and complying with legal obligations.
- To conduct identity and criminal background checks on Users, where applicable and permitted by local law, for the legitimate interests of user safety, maintaining the integrity of the Cedijob Platform, and preventing unlawful acts.
- To analyze the usage of the Cedijob Platform for the legitimate interest of improving and growing our business.
- To communicate with you and provide transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers, and relevant communications via email, SMS, push notifications, or other means, with your consent as required by applicable law, for proper communication, user engagement, and promotion of our business.
- To offer customer support and fulfill our contracts with Users.
- For internal market research purposes, aiming to improve the Cedijob Platform and grow our business.
- To troubleshoot problems and maintain a safe and secure environment for Users.
- To assist Users in resolving complaints and disputes, for the legitimate interests of facilitating positive User relations.
- To enforce our Terms of Service and ensure compliance with our Agreement.
- As otherwise stated in the Agreement.
Analytics and Market Analysis: Cedijob performs market analysis to enhance user experience, promote the Cedijob Platform, and support its growth. This analysis involves the evaluation of information for our legitimate interests. Cedijob may use this information to offer services to users who have expressed interest through polls or those who are likely to be interested based on market analysis results. These actions contribute to our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Cell Phone Numbers: Cedijob may utilize your cell phone number to make calls or send recurring text messages for various purposes, such as providing task notifications, marketing (with your consent if required by law), and administering the Cedijob Platform. By providing your cell phone number, you consent to receive such communications. If you wish to learn more about our policy or opt out of these communications, please refer to the "Your Rights and Choices" section below or Section 9 of our Terms of Service. Standard SMS charges and per-minute fees may apply as determined by your mobile carrier. Additionally, Cedijob may send messages via push notifications to your mobile device, which you can opt out of. Data rates may apply.
Call Recordings: Calls between Cedijob or its Third-Party Agents and users may be recorded and monitored for quality control and training purposes. These recordings may contain personal information.
6. Information Sharing
Third-Party Agents: We share information, including Identity Information, with entities that process information on our behalf for business purposes. Our Third-Party Agents are contractually bound to use the information solely for performing services on our behalf and are prohibited from retaining, using, or disclosing it for any other purpose. However, they may use aggregated or de-identified information that does not identify you, except as prohibited by applicable law.
To operate the Cedijob Platform and process your transactions, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives, vendors, and service providers, known as "Third-Party Agents." This sharing enables them to provide support services to us.
- Email origination;
- Fraud prevention and detection.
- Management of receipts, invoices, or provision of support services;
- Customer relationship management services;
- Data analytics;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Website hosting;
- Communication services;
- Technical support;
- Facilitating financial transactions and related chargeback and collection services; and
- Assisting us in the provision of the Cedijob Platform.
Promotions: When you voluntarily participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we share information as outlined in the official rules of the promotion, as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law. By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules and may allow the sponsor or other entities, unless prohibited by applicable law, to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising or marketing materials. We may occasionally contact you, with your consent, to provide information about special events, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities, and programs. You have the option, in your account settings, to request that Cedijob does not contact you with this type of information. For more details, please refer to Section 7, Your Rights and Choices.
Matched Ads: We use Matched Ads to share personal information with third parties or incorporate their pixels into our sites. The third parties match common factors between our data and their own or other datasets for advertising purposes. For example, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our sites and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
Other Users: Cedijob facilitates contact between clients and professionals (Pros) and reserves the right to share one user's contact information (e.g., name, phone number, email, or postal address) with other users or their authorized representatives. This sharing of information is necessary to facilitate the resolution of investigations or disputes related to interactions on the Cedijob Platform or to facilitate the completion of a task. Such exchanges are essential for the operation of the Cedijob Platform.
Legal Obligations: Cedijob and our third-party agents may disclose your Personal Information or User Generated Content to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, as required or permitted by law. This includes compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, responding to court orders, warrants, or subpoenas, addressing investigations into alleged criminal or illegal activity, or addressing any other activity that may expose us to legal or regulatory liability.
In jurisdictions where Cedijob is required by applicable law, we may disclose information related to users' permits, licenses, tax, or social security registrations to applicable governmental authorities. This may include user contact details, identification information, transaction details, license and permit status, and tax identification numbers.
Cedijob reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of the Cedijob Platform, to the extent permitted by applicable law, if we have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing harm or interfering with the rights of users, the general public, Cedijob, or its partners, parents, or affiliates. We will provide notice to users before producing their information in response to law enforcement requests unless prohibited by law, compromised accounts, counterproductivity, or safety risks prevent us from doing so. In emergency situations, we may provide notice after the fact.
Merger or Acquisition: In connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or business combination involving all or a portion of our assets, or the transfer of our business to another entity, we may share information.
Public Areas: Your Cedijob Profile contains information about you and your business, including photographs, years in business, skills, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information, and other details, including your username. The information in your User Profile is visible to all users and the general public. If you post a task on the Cedijob Platform, the content of the listing will be viewable to Pros you select on the platform.
7. Your Rights and Choices
You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications related to the Cedijob Platform and request the removal of your Personal Information from our databases, or deactivate your account, by logging into the Site or App and accessing the "Account" tab. Alternatively, you can contact us to make these requests.
Account Settings: During registration, you can choose whether to receive marketing correspondence from Cedijob. You can easily edit this information in your Profile under the "Account" tab. To make preferred selections, go to "Notifications" after logging in.
Push Notifications: You have the option to receive updates and relevant offers via push notifications on your app. You can configure these notifications in your mobile device settings at any time.
Corrections to Profile: You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your Cedijob Profile at any time. Simply log in, click on the "Account" tab, and you can view, update, and correct your account information.
Some pieces of information, such as your age, cannot be altered by yourself to protect the integrity of the Cedijob Platform. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to correct such data. For more details, please see Section 11, Children's Privacy.
Promotional Communications: You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Cedijob via the Account tab in your Profile. Additionally, you can unsubscribe from email marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any message. To opt out of promotional communications sent via text message, follow the instructions provided in those messages to text the word "STOP". Please note that opting out only applies to the phone number used and will not affect other subscriptions. If you opt out of certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. However, non-promotional communications related to your account, tasks, transactions, and servicing will still be sent. If you receive unsolicited promotional communications from a Cedijob domain, please let us know here.
8. Cedijob's Information Retention Policy
We retain personal data as long as you are a user to fulfill our contractual obligations and for legitimate interests and legal compliance. We may also retain data that cannot directly identify you, using randomly-generated identifiers, for research and service improvement purposes. We take measures to ensure that you cannot be re-identified from such data.
9. Cedijob's Security of Collected Information
Your Cedijob account is password-protected to ensure that only you and authorized Cedijob staff can access your account information. It is important to keep your password confidential and not share it with anyone. If you use a shared computer, remember to sign out of your Cedijob account and close the browser window to protect your information from being accessed by others.
Cedijob takes security seriously and implements reasonable administrative, physical, and technical measures to safeguard your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have dedicated staff responsible for maintaining our privacy initiatives and regularly reviewing our security practices. However, please note that while we strive to protect your information, no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
10. Notification of Changes
11. Children’s Privacy
- Cedijob is intended for a general audience and is not directed at children under the age of 16, or a higher age as defined by local laws in certain jurisdictions.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children in a manner that is not permitted by applicable laws. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have collected information from your child in violation of the law, please contact us, and we will promptly remove the data.
- We do not knowingly collect or "sell" the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
12. Contact Us
Cedijob's dedicated staff will promptly respond to inquiries from users concerning privacy matters. This includes requests for information about the types of Personal Information stored on Cedijob's databases and requests to access, delete, or correct such Personal Information.
13. Provisions Specific to Jurisdictions
Data Transfer: We and our affiliates, as well as third-party agents, primarily store your data, including Personal Information, on servers located and operated within the United States. When transferring your personal data outside of these jurisdictions, we ensure an adequate level of protection in accordance with applicable data protection laws in Ghana.
Your Rights: Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access: You have the right to confirm whether personal data concerning you is being processed and, if so, to access and obtain a copy of such data.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. You may also request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to Erasure: In certain cases, you have the right to request the erasure of personal data concerning you. However, this right is not absolute, and Cedijob may have legal or legitimate reasons to retain such data.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: In certain cases, you have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to Cedijob in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from Cedijob. This right applies when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or a contract and is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your specific situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you when such processing is based on Cedijob's legitimate interests. Cedijob may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. If your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to such processing at any time. You can update your marketing preferences as described in Section 7, "Your Rights and Choices."
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority: If your concerns or requests are not adequately addressed by us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.