Effective August 7, 2022
These Payment Terms govern payments made or received through the Cedijob HR website (the "Site"), operated by Cedijob HR, located at 52 Castle Road, Adabraka, Ghana.
Cedijob HR, including its subsidiaries Cedijob and Cedijob HR Limited, is collectively referred to as "Cedijob," "we," or "us."
Please carefully read these Payment Terms before making or receiving payments through the Site. By using the Site for payments, you accept and agree, on behalf of yourself or your employer (if applicable), to be bound by these Payment Terms. These terms supplement Cedijob's General Global Terms of Service ("Terms of Service").
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the meanings given to them in the Terms of Service.
Cedijob Balance: The aggregated amount of revenue as a Seller, returned payments from cancelled orders as a Buyer, and Cedijob Business Balance (as defined in the Cedijob Business Terms of Service).
Payment Services Provider(s): Service providers that facilitate payment services for Buyers and Sellers on the Cedijob platform, including funds collection, remittance, currency exchange, and holding of funds.
Earning: The money earned by Sellers from completed orders, which can be withdrawn or used for purchases on Cedijob, subject to these Terms.
Job/Project: A detailed description of a task for which a client hires professionals through application submissions by freelance professionals or direct hiring.
Order: A purchase made by a client for a freelance service or gig listed for sale. Freelancers create service packages with fixed prices for orders.
- Workers can create and send invoices to clients whenever they want to request money.
- The invoice must include the requested amount, due date, and description.
- Currently, we encourage clients and professionals to agree on the invoice amount.
- Once the client pays the invoice amount, Cedijob makes 90% (for freelance projects) to 90% (for artisan-related jobs) of the total amount available for withdrawal by the worker. This amount is made available within 24 hours to 7 working days.
Please note that the amount paid by the client is non-refundable (if the amount is paid to the worker or the worker withdraws the payment). We advise clients to carefully review each task before making payment or approving tasks.
- If a client cancels a job (including milestone payments and full-escrow payments) that a worker has commenced working on after 14 days, the client will receive a refund equivalent to 70% of the escrowed payments, while the worker will be entitled to the remaining 30% of the escrowed payments. If the cancellation occurs within 14 days, the client is entitled to the full escrowed payments.
- CRITICAL: Clients send contracts to their chosen candidates for any job they're hiring for. The contract sets the total amount the client intends to pay for the entire job. Cedijob imposes a 10% commission (applicable to both artisan-related jobs and freelance projects) on payments to workers. Consequently, we subtract a 10% commission from each invoice paid by the client, leaving the remaining amount accessible for withdrawal by the worker.
- Cedijob collaborates with Payment Services Providers to collect payments from clients, transfer payments from clients to workers, and hold funds in connection with Cedijob Balances. All payment services related to fund withdrawal on the Cedijob platform are performed by Cedijob's Payment Services Providers.
- In order to withdraw your earnings, you need to add your Mobile Money account to your Cedijob user account. Please note that bank transfers are not currently supported by Cedijob; only Mobile Money transfers are available.
- Earnings can be withdrawn once a client marks the order as complete. The withdrawal process may take up to 24 hours to 7 working days, depending on the Payment Services Provider.
- To initiate a withdrawal, navigate to your user account dashboard and go to the earnings tab. You will find a button to initiate the withdrawal.
- For security reasons, Cedijob may temporarily disable a worker's ability to withdraw earnings in order to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may occur due to security issues, reported improper behavior by other users, or if multiple Cedijob accounts are associated with a single withdrawal provider.
- Withdrawals can only be made in the available amount of your earnings.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be reversed once initiated. The process cannot be undone.
- Currently, users can only withdraw earnings in GHS (Ghanaian Cedi). We are actively working on including other currencies.
- If an account is disabled, workers will be able to withdraw their earnings after a safety period of 90 days or less, subject to full verification of account ownership and approval from Cedijob. The safety period starts from the day of the last cleared payment received in the account.
- The client provides job/project details for the hiring process.
- Cedijob reviews the job to ensure it meets the required standards.
- Once the job description meets the standards, it is made available for workers to apply. Note that artisan-related jobs do not receive applications; the client chooses a favorite during the job posting process.
- The client has the option to send contracts to the professionals who apply for the job.
- Upon reaching an agreement, Cedijob charges a commission of 10% to 15% on the total agreed amount.
- Invoices can be generated by either the client or the chosen worker for the job.
- Cedijob applies a commission of 10% to 15% on every invoice amount.
- Payment methods accepted include payment cards or wallets such as Apple Pay, MasterCard and Visa, as well as Mobile Money.
- Each freelance service item you sell entitles you to 90% of the total amount paid by the client.
- Cedijob releases the 90% of the total amount once the order is completed.
- In the event that a client cancels an order that a seller has already begun working on, the client will be refunded 70% of the order cost (including service fees), with the seller receiving the remaining 30% of the total amount.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any applicable direct or indirect taxes, including VAT or income tax, based on their residency, location, or other relevant factors in their jurisdiction. Sellers warrant and represent their compliance with income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. Clients may also be subject to tax obligations when receiving refunds.
- Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: By agreeing to these terms, sellers appoint Cedijob as their limited authorized payment collection agent. This appointment allows Cedijob to accept payments from buyers and remit those payments to sellers, through its Payment Services Provider if applicable. The payment made by the buyer to Cedijob is considered as payment made directly to the seller. Cedijob (via its Payment Services Provider) is responsible for remitting the funds to the seller as described in these Payment Terms. If Cedijob (via Payment Services Provider) fails to remit any such amounts to the seller, the seller's recourse is against Cedijob and not the buyer directly. Cedijob may incorporate the terms outlined here in its terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices as it deems necessary.
- Cedijob collaborates with Payment Services Providers to collect payments from buyers, transfer payments from buyers to sellers, and hold funds in connection with Cedijob Balances. All payment services related to fund withdrawals on the Cedijob platform are performed by Cedijob's Payment Services Providers.
- In order to withdraw your earnings, you need to add either our Bank Account Details or your Mobile Money account to your Cedijob user account. Please note that we do not currently support bank transfers; we only facilitate Mobile Money transfers.
- Earnings can be withdrawn once a client marks the order as complete. The processing time for receiving the money is typically between 24 hours to 7 working days. However, this period may vary depending on the Payment Services Provider.
- To initiate a withdrawal, you need to access your user account dashboard and navigate to the earnings tab. There, you will find a button to initiate the withdrawal process.
- For security reasons, Cedijob may temporarily disable a seller's ability to withdraw earnings to prevent fraudulent or illicit activities. This precautionary measure may be taken in response to security issues, reports of improper behavior from other users, or if multiple Cedijob accounts are associated with a single withdrawal provider.
- Withdrawals can only be made for the available amount in your account.
- Once a withdrawal has been initiated, it is final and cannot be reversed. We are unable to undo the process once it has begun.
- Currently, sellers have the option to withdraw earnings only in GHS (Ghanaian Cedi). We are actively working on expanding the available currency options.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their earnings from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days or less. This period begins from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and is subject to Cedijob's approval, following a full verification of ownership of the account in question.
- Clients make payments to Cedijob in order to order services from freelance professionals. Payments are collected through our Payment Service Provider.
- Cedijob acts as the limited authorized payment collection agent for sellers, solely for the purpose of accepting payments from buyers and remitting those payments to sellers. The buyer's payment obligation to the seller is fulfilled upon Cedijob's receipt of payment, and Cedijob is responsible for transferring the funds to the seller as described in these Payment Terms. If Cedijob fails to remit the payment to the seller, the seller's recourse is against Cedijob and not the buyer directly.
- On Cedijob, purchases can be made using payment methods such as Apple Pay, Visa and MasterCard, or Mobile Money payment services.
- We charge a service fee of 5% as part of the total order cost, which covers administrative expenses.
- The amount paid by the client is held in escrow.
- Once the buyer marks the order as completed, 90% of the total order cost is credited to the seller's Cedijob user account.
- By using Cedijob, you agree to receive invoices and/or payment receipts in electronic form, such as PDF documents or web forms, delivered via email or through the site.
- When using any payment method and providing payment details on Cedijob, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide the information; (b) you have the legal authority or permission to make payments using the selected payment method(s); (c) if you are using a payment method on behalf of a company or person, you are authorized by that entity to use the payment method for Cedijob payments; and (d) your actions do not violate any applicable laws.
- Please note that all prices on Cedijob are based on their original GHS value. Therefore, prices in non-GHS currencies may fluctuate daily due to exchange rate fluctuations and may also include conversion fees. Buyers always have the option to pay in GHS by changing their currency selection.
- If you paid for an order in a currency other than GHS and the order is later cancelled, the amount refunded to your Cedijob Balance will be based on the exchange rate at the time of cancellation. As a result, the refunded amount may differ from the originally paid amount in local currency terms, while maintaining the same value in GHS.
- Your Cedijob Balance is always valued in GHS, even if displayed in a non-GHS currency. Therefore, if you choose to view your Cedijob Balance in a currency other than GHS, its value may fluctuate daily based on exchange rate changes, while maintaining the same value in GHS. Users have the option to view their Cedijob Balance in GHS by selecting the corresponding currency.
- In accordance with applicable laws, Cedijob may be obligated to charge users for indirect taxes (such as Sales Tax or VAT) or withhold taxes. Any required tax collection by Cedijob will be added to the purchase amount and any other fees payable by the buyer/client. Similarly, any necessary tax withholding will be deducted from the seller/worker's earnings, as mandated by applicable laws.
- Indirect taxes are not included in the price displayed on the site, and any such taxes will always be presented to the buyer/client prior to payment.
- Users are responsible for fulfilling their obligations regarding direct or indirect taxes, including VAT or income tax, that may be applicable based on their residency, location, or other factors, as outlined in the regulations of their respective jurisdictions.
Disputes and Cancellations
Buyers/Clients and sellers/workers are encouraged to resolve any issues that may arise between them through direct communication. In the event that a resolution cannot be reached for any reason, you can contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Order cancellations can be initiated by either the buyer or the seller. If the cancellation is initiated by the buyer, the seller will receive 30% of the total cost of the order. However, if the cancellation is initiated by the seller, no percentage of the total cost of the order will be given, and the entire amount will be refunded to the buyer's account.
- Filing a dispute on an order is a simple process. Within the order management menu, you will find a "report" button that allows you to submit your issues to Cedijob through a form.
- Cedijob, in collaboration with its Payment Services Provider, reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold in the event of any suspected fraudulent transactions on the site.
- Transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the buyer will only occur after full payment has been made, and the delivery cannot be used if the payment is subsequently cancelled for any reason.
- If an order is cancelled, regardless of the reason, the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer's Cedijob Balance.
- Sellers may offer revisions to their deliveries based on their service and customer care. The number of revisions they are willing to provide, including the option of no revisions, is at the discretion of the sellers.
- Requests for revisions can be made through the Order Page by communicating with the seller using our simple message box.
- Requesting additional services beyond the agreed-upon requirements from sellers using the "Request Revisions" button is not permitted.
Cedijob reserves the right to modify these Payment Terms periodically. Any changes will be made available on this page.
By continuing to use Cedijob after the revised Payment Terms have been posted, you acknowledge and accept the updated terms.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of the site, its content, and any services or items obtained through the website is at your own risk. The site, its content, and any services or items obtained through the website are provided "as is" and "as available," without any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Cedijob and its associates make no warranty or representation regarding the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy, or availability of the site.
The above disclaimer does not affect any warranties that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation on Liability
In no event will Cedijob, its affiliates, licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers, or directors be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use or inability to use the site, any websites linked to it, any content on the website or such other websites, or any services or items obtained through the site or such other websites. This includes direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, such as personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
In accepting liability as the limited authorized payment collection agent of the seller, Cedijob and its affiliates assume no liability for any acts or omissions of the seller.
The above limitation on liability does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
The term "Affiliate" referred to herein is an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Cedijob. Control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.