Estimated job duration indefinite
Aplication [Not specified] can apply
Will interview 100 worker(s)
Insurance sales agents help insurance companies generate new business by contacting potential customers and selling one or more types of insurance. Insurance sales agents explain various insurance policies and help clients choose plans that suit them.
• Call potential clients to expand their customer base
• Interview prospective clients to get data about their financial resources and discuss existing coverage
• Explain the features of various policies
• Analyze clients’ current insurance policies and suggest additions or changes
• Customize insurance programs to suit individual clients
• Handle policy renewals
• Maintain electronic and paper records
• Help policyholders settle claims
• meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
• Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
• Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
• Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
• Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
• Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
• Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
• Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
• Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
• Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
• Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
• Install bookkeeping systems and resolve system problems.
• Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
• Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
• Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
• Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
• Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
• Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
• Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
At least, maximum of SSSCE/ WAEC
Copy and paste the code below to your website to display the job on page load.
User is a programmer from Kumasi.